Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blogging at Barnes & Noble

So I am pretty much terrible at keeping this blog up-to-date as you can probably tell since six months have past and we are now in a new year, a new decade!
But, no worries--I still have plenty to say and I already decided from the start that this hobby would be without rules and boundaries....

SO much has happened since my last post but I don't really know where to begin...I'm actually sitting in the Starbucks Cafe in Barnes and Noble surrounded by yarn and books, staring at my laptop screen contemplating what to write...I got nothing.  I think I'm generally lazy sometimes but I DO want to try and keep at least a monthly posting going on during the summer and hopefully will be able to keep it up during the school year (though it is always a challenge for me, as I have confessed I am horrible at keeping a journal and a blog is no different).

To make up for lost time though, I have a little recap I would like to share:


  • For starters, I am officially no longer a teenager: I turned 20 in May!
  • I have finally been outside the country!  I spent 5 days in lovely Montreal over Spring Break with my boyfriend Taylor and our wonderful friends Kyle and Emily.  It was amazing! Great food, good drinks, and now I'm bit by the travel bug and am dying to go abroad :)
  • I am officially half way done with college: I will be starting my junior year this coming fall--unfortunately I feel that this year, more specifically this semester will kick my arse (Oh, the British Elise)
.........

Well, I has been two days since I started writing this post and sadly I am no longer blogging at Barnes & Noble, but rather in my room at home by the A.C. and yarn.  I'm working on crocheting (a hobby that has been on hiatus for too long!) a hat with the very pattern that inspired this blog's title.  Actually, I am using that very same yarn too, along with scraps from projects I've completed.  I'm not quite sure how it will turn out, but it should be interesting and I was in dire need to start crocheting something.

I'm doing much of anything now, besides of thinking of all the things that I need/could be doing.  I'm going to Maine this weekend (SO EXCITED!!), a different part of Maine than I went last summer and I promise promise promise to take many pictures and post them here! Cross my heart and pinky swear!

Well that;s all for now, I'm going to go work on my scrap hat (potential name?) and make a list of things to pack this weekend.  But, before I go, I want to share some pictures from the last six months I decided to live under a rock and not share ANYTHING here.  Enjoy!


Winter View from my room in Amherst


Anniversary Roses:
The Most Beautiful Flowers I've Ever Received 



Yummy Breakfast before road trip to Montreal!!




Montreal




To Die for Coffe


Just Your Ordinary Fruit with Breakfast


Storybook


View from the Top

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment