Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

It's been a long while since I last posted, so I have a lot of catching up to do!  With everything now coming to a close--my first semester as college sophomore is behind me, the month of December will soon be over, and with that, so will the year 2010--I've decided to make this post a reflective one, while still sharing some new news :)


For starters, back on the weekend of the 11th, before the hell week of finals ensued, I decided to take those few days as a little vacation for myself.  I would not think, do, look at anything that had to do with school work or finals or anything unpleasant for that weekend.  I was burnt out and needed time to reboot.  So that Saturday my friend Jackie and I went into Northampton to relax, shop, and have some quality girl time.  It was perfect!  We spent all day there, window shopped for hours, had a filling dinner at a local burger joint, and immersed ourselves in the satisfaction of doing nothing.  The town was all decorated with holiday lights and I got some pretty nice pictures for just walking and snapping! :)

It's a little blurry, but I kind of like it that way!
Department Store in Northampton

Little Moon
Great food!
I love this picture of the Church

Motel Northampton
So I survived finals and the semester itself and it actually all turned out great!  My grades went up yesterday and I'm very pleased!  I achieved the goal my goal for the semester: I made Dean's List!  I also will be a Teaching Assistant for an Intro Psych class for the Spring Semester!  I'm very excited yet a little scared of this new opportunity--hopefully all will turn out well!
Since I've been home, things have been much better! I am no longer starving from eating poor DC food, my sleep has returned to me, and thought of having no real pressures or responsibilities at the moment is thrilling (though they are always lurking in the recesses of my mind).  
My Christmas was wonderful!  I thankfully was not a home without a Christmas tree (and I thank my mom dearly for that!) and received more gifts than I could have hoped for.  A few days before Christmas I saw The Radio City Rockettes with my sister Fallon, my boyfriend Taylor, Elise, and our friends. The show was great and really put me in full-blown Christmas spirit!  The eve of Christmas Eve I spent with Taylor and his family and it was magical!  Christmas Eve night I was at my dad's and his new family.  Usually a painful and heartbreaking task, I found that I rather enjoyed myself this year and that hopefully, with time, it will become easier and that I will finally be okay with my parents divorce of over two years ago.  After my dad's, it was "A Wonderful Life" at my house with my mom, her boyfriend, and my sister--a family tradition I will be sure to carry on.  Christmas Day saw the Disney Parks' Christmas Parade and a peaceful dinner with my mom and sister. <3
Fancy isn't it? Yep, we velvet rope off our tree.  Don't you?  Just kidding!  This a tree at the Wang Theater for the Radio City Rockette's Christmas Show  

Ceiling of the Wang Theater in Boston


The Show!
(They didn't allow flash photography, even before the show started! I got yelled at , well actually asked nicely, to refrain from taking pictures.  But I snuck this one for the blog!)
This is one of our tree's newest ornaments.  Fallon and I got it on our August trip to Disney World.  It's a tradition that whenever we go, we always bring back an ornament.  This one is shaped like Mickey's ears but holds the iconic symbols of each of the four theme parks: Cinderella's Castle (Magic Kingdom), Spaceship Earth (Epcot), The Tree of Life (Animal Kingdom), and Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat (MGM Studios).  On the back it reads "The West Sisters 2010".

Pretty Colorful Lights!

My Christmas Angel! I love her!  I got her a couple years ago from Lowe's .  I think she's beautiful. 
Christmas was a white one!  And the days following it we had a blizzard!  I've taken a few photos and I'll be sure to take some more.  It's simply breathtaking and everything is just blanketed with the sparkling powder!  New Year's Eve is coming up quick, this Friday to be exact.  And I'll be sure to post pictures of my on-goings!  I'm going to a Celtic's game with Taylor.  My first ever!  Also, I've broken out of my beret crocheting streak and finally made some other hats!  Hopefully, I'll finally finish my fabulous fall scarf as well and have photos on that as well!  Until next time, have a Happy Holiday and wonderful New Year!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment