Thursday, December 9, 2010

Amateur

I've started to develop a interest in photography.  For years, I've always love to take photos of the seasons, landscape, and random especially.  Lighting fascinates me--natural or artificial, and I absolutely love experimenting with black and white, sepia, or natural colors.  Going to school in Amherst is wonderful for taking pictures of the seasons, autumn in particular.  I love to go for walks around campus and on the outskirts of the woods and just take pictures of anything that strikes me.  I have an amazing view of the sunset from my window, as well.  My boyfriend is also very into photography and has sparked my occasional hobby.  Elise just bought a totally amazing camera.  It's so intimidating, but I've seen some of the pictures she's taken just playing with it and they're so great.  

I fell in love with Maine this summer.  It was breathtaking, that's about all I can offer to describe it.  Maine is so peaceful and natural and though I've never really considered myself one to live out in the country or at least away from the city, I would totally move there in a heartbeat.  Actually, I've just realized that a lot of the things I've never consider myself to be, I've actually become. Interesting.

So these pictures are just my fun, little hobby, me messing around with my Cyber-shot in my room.  Hardly anything noteworthy, but I think they come out pretty decent and wanted to share!
"Into Heaven"
Okay, so the title is cheesy, I know--it's a work in progress.  But, isn't it amazing.  That's from my window.  The sunsets get shorter and shorter as we get closer to winter, but sometimes I can catch them just at the right moment.

This is my red hat!! :) 
I love taking pictures of lights, so there might be a lot of these.  I find how the camera catches light to be so interesting.


I think this one is my favorite!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks me too! I took one in b&w but this looked so much better with the colors and the lights all blurred in the back

    ReplyDelete