Wednesday, December 8, 2010

When I should be doing other things....

I love to procrastinate.  Pretty sure that it's my #1 consistent hobby.  Currently I should be heading down to go to my class, but where I'm sitting here at my desk, the fading sunlight streams in perfectly and I figured that I would write a little...
The semester is almost over and I could not be happier!  I've been unusually stressed lately and cannot wait to be rid of the task of homework and papers and the constant obligations.  I feel that I have no time to do anything that I really enjoy or time to explore new things.  And with the holiday season coming on quickly, I have been giving into my distractions more so and it has made me so much happier!
 I recently learned to crochet this summer from my best friend and have pretty much perfected making "the slouchy hat".  I've made about 6 of them and I'm surprised each time how easier and faster it becomes.  It's such an amazing skill and the satisfying feeling you get when you have a completed project in your hands that you can actual use and wear and it looks half-way decent is priceless.  I've been working on an Autumn-inspired scarf for quite sometime now and cannot wait to finish it over break.  It's really cool!  The pattern itself gives it a sort of leafy look.  Soon I hope to add pictures to my blog of the different crafts I'm working on (an idea again suggested by my best friend Elise who encouraged me to make this blog in the first place).  It's so relaxing to just sit and crochet by my window, listening to Christmas music, when I should be doing other things.  Almost as if time has stopped or rather slowed.
Lately, I've been in this sort of paradox where I want time to slow down, but at the same time speed up so I can be done with college and my "real life" can begin. As you'll probably come to realize through the course of my blog that I hate waiting! (Ironically, I consider myself a patient person though)  But, "good things come to those who wait", right?

No comments:

Post a Comment